32nd International Conference of Philosophy
“Virtues and Values in Greek Philosophy and in Global Era”
July 10-13, 2020
Vouliagmeni (Athens), Greece
Call for Abstracts: submission 30th April 2020
This conference will bring together scholars and researchers from all areas whose work concerns important issues involving Greek moral philosophy and issues in the global era. Submissions may concern topics such as:
1. Virtue and knowledge as the aim of life in ancient philosophical theories.
2. Happiness as the aim of life in ancient and modern thought.
3. Value as a subsidiary moral principle in ancient thought and its relation to the idea of 'conscious choice' (προαίρεσις).
4. The rise of value from a minor ethical term to a more central criterion of ethical behaviour.
5. The concept of 'moral values', its origins and history.
6. Human nature and the concept of virtue and value among various state of affairs.
7. Regarding virtue, can there be a confluence of Eastern and Western philosophy?
8. The conception of virtue and value in non-western cultures (Africa, China, India, Japan, Korea, etc).
9. Any scientific paper relevant to the subject of the Conference and dealing with Greek philosophy can be submitted for consideration.